13/02/2011

13 02 11: Hadrian's Wall

Some mornings you get mist on Hadrian's Wall, and I admit, I love misty mornings.
But, just occasionally, there's too much mist.

View east from Housesteads to Sewingshields Crag

I'd gone up to Housesteads Fort hoping for a lovely sunrise and certainly the sky looked promising.
I took just this one photograph and then the mist closed in completely, blanking everything out, so I walked back down the hill to the carpark and headed back to Gilsland.


View east from Birdoswald, on a clear day you can see Walltown Crags from here.


The mists weren't quite as think as I headed west, so I carried on upto Birdoswald and caught Hadrian's Wall, and Michael Baxter's sheep, as the sun was breaking through.

All photographs on this Blog are copyright of Joan Thirlaway and cannot be used without written permission.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too much mist. Ah well, you can't win 'em all!